The mission of the University Libraries web site is to support the University’s programs of research, teaching and service by providing access to information resources to meet the needs of students and faculty of The University of Alabama and to extend this access to the community beyond the University of Alabama, insofar as possible.
The University Libraries web site will establish an informative, attractive and easily navigated presence on the World Wide Web, as determined by examining peer sites and user needs, through which the Libraries can:
- Provide information to current and potential clients on and off-campus about the policies, services, resources and outreach of the University of Alabama Libraries.
- Offer information services that support University academic programs, both on and off-campus, to University faculty, staff and students.
- Facilitate access to U.S. Government information accessible on the web to the regional depository users in Alabama.
- Serve as a gateway for on and off-campus users to selected Internet resources which support University academic programs.
- Foster communication between the Libraries and their clients.