- Search Resources
- Course Reserves
- Government Info
- Interlibrary Loan
- Need Help?
- Faculty & Students
- Campus Libraries
- About UA Libraries
University of Alabama faculty, staff and students are able to check out laptop computers from the circulation desks of the Gorgas Library, the Bruno Business Library, the McLure Education Library and the Rodgers Library for Science & Engineering, and from the reference desk of the Hoole Special Collections Library. These computers are for use within the library. Please see below for a list of laptop policies. Using your personal wireless laptop in the Libraries.
- Only University of Alabama faculty, staff, and students may check out laptops. No proxy forms may be used.
- Anyone checking out laptops must have a valid UA Action Card. No other form of ID will be accepted.
- Laptops will circulate for four hours and may be renewed if demand permits.
- Anything saved to the hard drive will be automatically cleared when the laptops are turned off.
- Files may be saved to a usb or thumb drive, e-mailed as an attachment, or printed via UniPrint. You must provide your own usb or thumb drive.
- Laptops may be used in the library only, and may not be taken outside.
- Late fees are $5.00 per hour. The maximum fine is $200.00. There is no grace period. Any laptop that is 24 hours overdue will be declared lost, and a total charge of $1,510 will be billed to the patron's account. ($1,300.00 lost fee, $200.00 fine, $10.00 processing charge) If the laptop is returned in good condition, the $1,300.00 lost charge may be forgiven. The fines and processing fee will not be forgiven.
- You are responsible for any damage done to the laptop while it is checked out to you, and will be charged a damage fee of up to $1,300.00. Also, you will be charged $1,300.00 if a laptop is reported missing or stolen while checked out to your account.