- Search Resources
- Course Reserves
- Government Info
- Interlibrary Loan
- Need Help?
- Faculty & Students
- Campus Libraries
- About UA Libraries
HOLDS AND RECALLS
You may request an item that someone else has checked out by placing a hold or a recall. You may place a hold or recall in person at the circulation desk or make this request electronically. A hold means that you will be notified when the item is returned, and it will be held for you for 10 days. You may recall an item that you need right away. A new due date will be assigned, making the item due 10 days from the date the request is placed. You will be notified when the item is returned, and it will be held for you for 10 days. Holds and recalls may not be placed on items that are not checked out.
HOLDS OR RECALLS ONLINE
- In the Libraries' catalog, find the record for the item you want.
- Make sure the status is "Charged".
- Click on Holds/Recalls.
- Enter your Patron ID (SSN with no dashes) and last name. Click Login.
- From the drop down menu, select Hold or Recall
- If you want any copy of the item, select Any Copy. If you need a particular copy of an item, select the box with the item barcode.
- Enter your Patron ID.
- Select the pick-up location. This is where you will pick up the item. It does not have to be the library that houses the item.
- Click Submit Request.
- If your request is successful, you will see a message that "Your Patron Initiated Request Was Successful." If the request was not successful, you will get a message that your request failed.